Frequently Asked Questions
What is Engine Angel?
Engine Angel is a series of applications designed to collect, store and analyze data for a fleet of vehicles over time. The purpose is to give the Fleet Manager data and tools to support better decision making taking into account:
- Specific vehicle/engine combinations
- Driver/Route/Load factors
- ECM data
- SenX signature analysis
- Pre- and Post-trip inspection reports
- And Oil Analysis data
How much does it cost?
Engine Angel is priced “a la carte” so you can purchase only what you need from a menu of reports and analysis functions. The model is based as follows:
- For SenX signature reports: x vehicles with y reports/uploads at $20 per report would be: x*y*$20. E.g., 10 vehicles with 4 SenX signatures each (per year) X $20 per signature = $800.
- You purchase 40 SenX signatures and each time one is uploaded, the number available decreases by one with a notification to you when you are close to running out, and again when you have no signatures left to upload.
- ECM reports are available for $10 per month per vehicle, where the vehicle count is the number of vehicles with at least one ECM extract per month. E.g., 10 vehicles producing at least one ECM extract per month for 12 months would be 120 * $10 = $1200.
- Vehicle inspection forms are a low monthly rate for unlimited use per driver.
How do I sign up?
Click on the “No Account? Request one” on the upper right of this screen. Fill out the basic information and Submit it. Feel free to contact the support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need some basic Fleet data, such as:
- Fleet name, address, phone
- A fleet administrator name, phone, email
- USDOT Number
Training videos, user manuals and assistance are available for
Is support available 24/7?
Currently 24/7 support is not set up, however the email address email@example.com is monitored and you may call (989) 859-6213 for any issues you may have and someone will respond as quickly as possible. Support staff will increase as we grow the subscriber base with the goal being to offer 24/7 support globally.
Is the interface available in other languages besides English?
Not completely. We engineered the application for multilingual capability from the beginning, so it is a matter of prioritizing the languages we will localize the application to first. Obviously, subscriber languages from a location where English is not the preferred interface language will have a priority in the localization process.
Where is the data stored?
The application is currently hosted on a trusted platform and as we gain subscribers we monitor performance to determine the optimum future hosting arrangements. The focus will be on hosting services capable of handling large amounts of data and users with simultaneous access without slowing performance. We will always attempt to weigh the cost of enhancing the existing environment with additional capacity versus changing platforms completely to another hosting provider. Regardless of which way we expand, we will endeavor to make it a seamless transition so any impacts of the changing environment will not be felt by our subscribers.
How secure is my data?
Security is always a high priority, especially when dealing with proprietary and personal data. We secure the data with standard methods, such as encryption and SSL certificates. The hosting service has robust physical security (fire, storms, and anti-theft) with highly trained professionals, comprehensive backup capability, reliable power and UPS, connected via a dedicated fiber optic circuit for reliable communications. The data in itself is of little use until aggregated, synchronized and run through our analytical routines, so in the unlikely event of an intrusion, access to the raw data will be of no value. Critical items, such as passwords and other sensitive information undergo additional security measures in order to deter theft.